Wednesday, December 16, 2009

save your light for darker days.



photo © ziz.

Twenty minutes to the next Hurstbridge train at Parliament station. I step outside the station for a cigarette, from underground, up to air, sitting down on the steps still warm with the unrelenting heat of the day. Moths are gathering around the bluest streetlight, strong above me. I spark up; inhale, exhale.

Nineteen minutes.

Song on repeat for the commute home: Digitonal, 'A Lighter Touch'. This gorgeous, warm, simplistic ambient piece speaks of comfort and of sweeter things, to me. Things I've been missing.

Home, and the ceiling fan is going strong above me, the lights are all out. The heat of the day is still going strong. I think I'll let Alison Goldfrapp sing me to sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment